A Shameful May Wrap Up


The amount of pure shame that I’m feeling right now is so immense that it will never, ever be comparable to any shame I’ve felt in the past.

I’m so ashamed. You really have no idea.

Do you want to know why I’m feeling this much shame? Do you really? Because I don’t think you do. I’ll tell you anyway.

I only read one book this month.

Bye guys, I’ll leave.

Okay, do you remember that one time I freaked out about only reading three books in a month? I wish I read three books this month. But I only read one. I started about four, but I only finished one.

Uno.

Un.

Jedan.

Ein.

And any other language you can say “one” in. And I don’t even think I’m in a reading slump. I don’t have that heavy, dreadful feeling that I usually do. It’s strange. But you know what, let’s just get to talking about the one book that I did finish.

The book (singular) that I read this month was Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.

Sci-fi. A genre that I don’t read often (more like not at all) yet one that I love. I guess it just freaks me out, having to think of this completely different world that has its own terms and objects and such. But this book was really, really good.
Other sci-fi novels want to be this one. It’s so genius and beautiful and perfect and everything that’s amazing in this world. This book is essentially about two teenagers who flee their planet after a war between two space companies destroys it, and their journey through being separated, weaving through what’s the truth and what are the lies, and trying to find their way back to each other. Also, there’s a psychopathic artificial intelligence program that kinda starts killing people.
Fun.
But all jokes aside, I really did enjoy this book a lot. It was so mind blowing and tense, and I loved that. I also loved that it was told through multimedia. It was a type of writing style that I haven’t read before, but I definitely enjoyed it.

So yeah, that’s it for the wrap-up. It was very short, but hey. What can ye do? But I will see you guys soon with a new edition of Five Fan Favorites, so that should make up for this below-average content. Thanks for reading,

-Ari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Wrap Up

Fallen series by Lauren Kate Book Review

Lord of Shadows Booktalk