30-Day Book Challenge


Hello, Internet! Today, I’m going to do the 30-Day Book Challenge. This is going to be short, but I found this online and it looks fun so I’m gonna do it. I’m not going to do it over a time span of 30 days because that would take too long and honestly, I’m not really ready for that kind of commitment. So, let’s get to it! (side note: my typing game is off today. It’s more like my fingers are fumbling around the keys instead of forming actual words.)


1: Best book you read last year
Easy, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. This is the second book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series.


2: A book that you’ve read more than three times
If I’m being honest, I don’t re-read books. There are a lot of books that are super good, but I just don’t read books multiple times. I don’t know why, I just don’t.


3: Your favorite series
At the moment, it’s the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, but I tend to change my favorite series every week or so.


4: Favorite book of your favorite series
For now, it has to be A Court of Mist and Fury because I HAVEN’T GOTTEN A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN YET but I’m going to soon.


5: A book that makes you happy
Everything, Everything because it’s just a super fun book and I love Maddy and Olly’s relationship.


6: A book that makes you sad
Clockwork Princess because that ending…


7: A book that makes you laugh
Anything that Rick Riordan writes.


8: Most overrated book
The Maze Runner books (don’t @ me) I really just found them slow moving and boring. But like I always say, you’re entitled to your opinions and I’m entitled to mine.


9: A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving
I did not expect to like The Wrath & The Dawn, just because it didn’t seem like something I would be into, but I love it. A lot. It’s amazing.


10: A book that reminds you of home
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins, because I have vivid memories of volunteering at my public library during the summer and reading that book while I sat at a booth helping people sign up for the summer reading program


11: A book you hated
Splintered by A.G Howard. Y’all know how much I disliked that book.


12: A book you love but hate at the same time
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I’ve come to realize that this book doesn’t shed light on the mental-health issues that come with suicide, and that’s really bad. But at the same time, I loved the story and how it did bring up issues like suicide and sexual assault.


13: Your favorite writer
My girl, Sarah J Maas!


14: Book turned into a movie and completely desecrated
I’m going to go with two answers for this one: The Percy Jackson movies, for obvious reasons, and the Netflix adaptation of Thirteen Reasons Why (even though it’s a show [again, this is just my opinion])


15: Favorite male character
The High Lord of the Night Court and the High Lord of my heart, Rhysand *heart eyes*


16: Favorite female character
The amazing, spectacular, wonderful character that is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius.


17: Favorite quote from your favorite book
Although ACOTAR is my favorite series, I’m going to take this quote from my favorite book (as in a standalone book): “Just don’t forget that some of us watch the sunset too.” -S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders


18: A book that disappointed you
That Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. I wanted to like this book, I really did, but I just couldn’t. It was so confusing, I didn’t know what was going on half that time.


19: Favorite book turned into a movie
I’m going to assume that this means the BOOK and not the movie, so I’ll go with Everything, Everything because dang, that was a good book.


20: Favorite romance book
Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius. It was such a cute book, and the entire concept revolves around love so that just made the book even better.


21: The first novel that you remember reading
Okay, so in third grade, I found a copy of The Uglies on my sister’s minuscule bookshelf (she isn’t a book nerd like me) and I picked it up. Don’t ask me why third grade Ariana decided to read The Uglies because I honestly don’t know. I think I just needed something to read so I picked up the first book I could find.


22: A book that makes you cry
Heartless by Marissa Meyer. I bawled.


23: A book that you’ve wanted to read for a long time but haven’t
This is perfect, because I was just thinking about this. The Diviners by Libba Bray AND the sequel are sitting on my shelf, still untouched because I just haven’t gotten around to reading them, and I’ve been wanting to for the longest time. At this point, I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to it.


24: A book you wish more people would’ve read
Saving Hamlet by Molly Booth. It’s such an underrated book, but I think a lot of people would love it, so go check it out!


25: A character who you can relate to the most
I’m going to say Sadye from Dramarama by E. Lockhart. She doesn’t want to live a plain vanilla life in a plain vanilla place, and I can really relate to that.


26: A book that changed your opinion on something
I don’t really know.


27: The most surprising plot twist or ending
I’m going to say We Were Liars, for reasons that I cannot say (because spoilers) but let me just say, that plot twist was so unexpected.


28: Favorite title of a book
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman.


29: A book everyone hated but you liked
Idk man.


30: Your favorite book of all time
I can’t answer this because there are so many. I fear that if I listed them all, we’d be here all day.


And that is it for the 30-Day Book Challenge! Just a little something that I felt like doing. Also, side note, Dear Evan Hansen is an amazing musical and you should go listen to it. Okay, that’s all. Thanks for reading,

-Ari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord of Shadows Booktalk

Zenith: The Androma Saga Part 1 Review

August Wrap Up