August Wrap Up

Hello, Internet! Ring the shame bell, go ahead, because I only finished three books this month.


Shame.


Now, you may be thinking, “Ariana, three books in a month is normal!” Not for me, it’s not. Le sigh, for I have been hit with a reading slump.


Duh duh duuuuuuuuun!


That is right, chicken pies, I have been in a reading slump for most of the month of August. I only finished two books, and I started three, but didn’t finish them. I’ll mention them in the wrap up anyway. Do you know what I’ve learned in the past three weeks? School is time consuming! And this is before my extra curricular activities. And you might have noticed that the title and thumbnail only say August Wrap Up, and not September TBR. That is simply because setting goals for me is hard. I’m am probably the biggest procrastinator you may ever have the pleasure of meeting in your life, so I am no longer going to set reading goals for fear of getting into another reading slump and letting myself and you down. Anyway, enough of this. Let’s get to the very short wrap up!


The first book I read in the month of August was The Cursed Child by J.K Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne. I’m going to be honest, it was kind of a letdown. If you want to check out my Goodreads review, you can view it here.

The next book I read this month was Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. 5 stars, go check it out! It was an amazing book that I have been recommended countless times, and a book that wasn’t even on my August TBR. sigh. I feel terrible, guys. Someone on QuizUp recommended me The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud, and I got it from the library. It was on my August  TBR and I just COULDN’T finish it! I hate reading slumps with a burning passion. If that person is reading this right now, I’M EXTREMELY SORRY! I feel really guilty. BUT GOOD NEWS MY SLUMP IS NO MORE! I promise, promise, promise that I will finish it within the next few weeks and do a review, scout’s honor. I’ll even do the unbreakable vow, if you want.


And the last book I read this month (cri) was Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It is the last book in the covenant series, and you can check out my Goodreads review here.


I started reading The Screaming Staircase, and so far, so good!


I also started reading Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, and I’m about halfway through. It’s really good *thumbs up*


I also started reading Goddess Interrupted, but honestly, I’m kinda losing interest. Kate is getting REALLY whiny, and I liked the plot of the first book much better. Eh. I’ll probably finish it anyway.


Well, that’s all! I said this post was gonna be short. As usual, all the books mentioned will be below the sign off.


So, I’ve been thinking. I love blogging a lot, but would you guys like to see me do YouTube? Not now, but maybe later on? I’ve always loved the idea of being a BookTuber, and it’s been on my mind a lot recently. Let me know.


Thanks for reading,
-Ari

The Cursed Child
Shadow and Bone
Sentinel (The Covenant series)
The Screaming Staircase
Passenger
Goddess Interrupted (The Goddess Test trilogy)

Comments

  1. It is fine about the Screaming Staircase! School is a lot and reading slumps happen to all of us! Also, I love the Shadow and Bone series as well 😊. Don't push yourself too hard! This blog is great and three books is a great amount for a month. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I would subscribe to your booktuber because I believe it would be really amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen series by Lauren Kate Book Review

Lord of Shadows Booktalk